Sunday, February 11, 2007

alternate liftestyle

That was one helluva crazy field camp. One word: sandy. My lungs are probably coated with more layers than the Earth's crust. Gotta admit, t'was pretty damn fun. I saw apaches. With cocky pilots that taunted us with their propellers. And snipers. That got chased by wild boars. Mission ended earlier than schedule and we were back at camp in no time, as usual. It sure pays to have superiors who prefer being around pillars rather than trees.

A last minute assignment of duty on Friday. Great. Just when I had to book out. At least I'm done with that and there goes my ratio for this month, ha, guard duty on the 21st cancelled! Woot. Would've been anyway fer me, Daddy's birthday. Breezed through and reached home Saturday morning, had to meet Ben and gang fer Apocalypto. All were late, sure, back in civi-mode. Took a train down with Shawn and grabbed a quick bite at LJS before buying the tix with Seah. Awesome movie. Hmmm. Doubt I'd be able to run fer consecutive nights to save my ass. And the baby jaguar was damn cute, by the way. Kama, who seemed awfully fine for someone who got 4 stitches dead center of the scalp caused by a falling rock, and Bear joined us after the flick, when we starting strolling aimlessly along central Singapore. Settled with pool as a time killer before heading fer the concluding venue, Double O.

Oh. My. God. Never in my life had I a clubbing experience so damn happening. Retro night. Met the others and got the party started. Apparently, late is still early for the night scene. It was still empty when we got there, which was kinda annoying because we were only given a tiny table for 12 army guys to share because the most of the area was reserved. Oh well. The drinking games began. Lost once and had to give my number away. Who knew I would've gotten a reply the next day? Thanks, Selena. =) Possessed by vodka and progressively letting loose, I reached that "oh-I-think-I-should-stop-now" level. The group were blabbering on about another place to go to so I put them in a cab and sent them there, then took my own taxi home. Okay, almost gone. I couldn't figure out which key opened my lock. Took me about 2 minutes to get into my house. Dropped as soon as I saw my bed.

Good Morning, Louis. You still have yer contact lenses on. Yeah, took you long enough to notice. Take'em off and go eat the chicken rice Daddy bought. Thank goodness my parents were busy gardening or they would have definitely sent me to the doctor's for laughing at myself while eating as I thought about last night. Tried to shake off the little vibe still clinging on, washed up and was out. Needed to get stuff fer CNY fast. Unfortunately, the result was a pair of grey berms and a pink polo from Bugis. No time. Gotta book back in. Probably do some last minute on V-Day. So, advanced warning to you loser girls out there, stop shoving baskets of roses in my face, I'm not buying them.

PS: I love it when people pluck dance moves from the 70s-80s.

No comments: