Tuesday, December 29, 2009

redemption

Kev's finally back fer good to complete his degree in Singapore and the gang was there to greet him fer a long catchup with lotsa oily food. Looks like things will go back to how they used to be, perhaps with a little more outdoorsy version of him rather than the caveman we all know.

How things used to be...

If you really must know how things used to be, I was never really one of the bad boys in secondary school. Back then, I was a frameless-spectacled prefect with hair gelled so flat, it was shameful even to type out in description. I'm surprised as to the number of female friends I acquainted myself with by carrying a look so embarrassing. My closest friends were the ones my parents were proud of me having. Yer usual A students with a decent air about them. However, something went sour along the way and I took a separate path. I don't even remember why I don't talk to them anymore. Well, I was never a good boy to begin with as well, if that helps the case of belonging.

Now, I seem to have been profiled as a fallen angel by others who once knew me as the boy with the tie. Sure, the guys I hang out with are practically the opposite side of the coin from the ones I was stuck with before graduation but I personally find them a comfortable group to be around.

I'm not trying to justify a reason fer being with a so-called gang of bad boys. It's just that a while back I kinda spoke to a coupla individuals who were wondering which rock I'd been under and I was quite taken aback by the fact that I was actually missed! Perhaps I'm worth more than the amount of credit I give myself. =) Heck, now I'm not even sure if the friends I split with even remember why we don't keep contacts.

Oh well, I'm not saying I don't care anymore but I'm sitting in a very cosy social spot right now and I can't really be bothered to fix something that could possibly not be broken. Besides, I still do have possessions that keep my memories of my older friends. That's enough conscience on my part, in my own opinion. =P

No comments: