Monday, August 18, 2008

stormy

With the wet weather back in progress, I would like to focus on a minor problem that has been around and everywhere. No no, people, I'm not talking about the flu but a "verbal enigma", or so to speak.

I shall be introducing 2 friends tonight; Mr. Thunder and Mr. Lightning. Of course, I'm not metaphorically referring to my guns, in which I'm metaphorically talking about my arms. It's the literal factors of storms here, which many people conveniently get confused between. Now, I'm not exactly feeling very uptight about the matter, it has, however, come to my attention upon discussing it with my brother a coupla days back since we made the very mistake of mixing up with the two as well. Why, is the question. Why does this maelstrom(haha pun) constantly befall on souls who are not in position to be English teachers? Alright. You saw this coming. I'm gonna use Pokémon as an example.

"Pikachu! Thundershock NOW!"

There's also Thunderwave, Thunderbolt and Thunder but it all still classifies under the same situation. It involves alot of electricity.

Okay, maybe I should pause fer a while to explain in lament terms to the anonymous oblivious characters reading this post now. Lightning is that huge flash in the sky, often forming temporary cracks of light, caused by static among rubbing clouds. Thunder is that loud sound you hear after that godly camera flash, usually happening a few seconds after, caused by sudden shifting in air molecules that bump into one another when they're pushed away fast and hard by the massive current.

Now that you see the difference, you can understand what I'm talking about. Although both these factors happen moments from each other in harsh weathers, it sounds kinda funny once you look into their define meanings. Now, listen.

"Thundershock!"



Now, even Pikachu's hesitant because he can't create a massive sonar explosion with his puny vocal cord that is strong enough to paralyze foes.

Done. Thank you fer reading this notice of awareness and I hope you all learnt something fruitful. I know it's not much but I'm sure you too know you'd fallen victim to this issue.

PS: Cue Room and Amber 21 with some of Amanda's classmates last night; Jaiy, Gold, Markus and Peter. This was all after Rani(another classmate of hers)'s baby's Hindu baptism(I dunno the actual name fer the ritual). Alcohol and late outings will never ever be a thing of the past.





Last picture:(from left)Markus, Peter, Gold, Amanda, Me and Jaiy.

No comments: