Saturday, October 25, 2008

the sky is my blanket

Day by day, I stare blankly at an empty draft, processing random thoughts into doubtful fingers, only to have ideas whisked away, dissolved in the thin air between my digits and the keyboard. Tonight, I will attempt to make it different, even with the uneventful festive holidays, this amateur blogger will squeeze like a sponge in hopes that something verbally worthwhile will leak through his nerves.

Okay, that's probably as much "flowery language" you're gonna get. My attention has clearly been drifting into other forms of cyber-activities, which include online flash games like Pet Society(thanks to my aunt Irene), Bloons Tower Defense 3(thanks to TS), Helicopter and The Last Stand 2, weekly episodes of Chuck, Heroes and Big Bang Theory(thanks to YQ), plus the unavoidable manga-reading routine. There's also academic factors that have contributed to my absence on posting, class assignments are all due before the middle of next month(so screwed), not forgetting the class test coming up in 5 days' time(crossword puzzle styled, how cool is that but with extremely vague clues fer extra bombastic words), oh dear...

Of course, not everything's been about computers. I've been out and about to escape my unhealthy electron-radiating profession. Or at least doing my best. Yes, I know fast food is not exactly the greatest alternative to a internet-free life but nobody's perfect. I've been putting in a bit more effort into running recently, it's important now, considering my birthday will be here in less than 5 months. I suppose that'll be enough time to get me back into army-standard fitness. IPPT my friends, wish me luck and I'll need all the support I can get to clear it before the 11th of March(this is not a hint fer you to take note of).

While we're on the topics of latest news, I guess I should add in fer MIAed friends that I've changed my hairdo yet again. It's a short combed-down style, actually a poor replica of my Monster Hunter character's look but I did not deliberately copy it. I know guys have a habit of getting too enthusiastic with games but I'm pretty sure I myself wouldn't go that far. And since we're on that, I think I should chain-link the subject to my opinion of comic conversation. I do not see the problem with explaining to yer girlfriend the history of at least the more famous Marvel Super Heroes. With the constant movies based on superheroes being released in the recent coupla years, it's totally gonna be inevitable if girls plan on catching these awesome flicks. It's called background information. I'm not saying we're right, you can shut us up when we start stringing on to discuss who will win a fight between Spiderman and Mohinder Suresh.

Now, onto the journal. Glad I finally managed to catch up with Willard and YQ at our latest jamming session last Tuesday. It was the same songs all over again and fer a 2 hour rent on the studio, with YQ's friend as temporary guitarist, who is quite good, hopefully we'll see him on future meetings and maybe make him more permanent if possible, as permanent as Red Carabena can get. =P

Today, EngChye and Alyssa managed to find time to come see the house and trade movies. I'm currently wondering if I should actually organise a housewarming now that all my close friends have officially seen the place already. I'm getting kinda lazy when it comes to hosting. However, here's someone refusing to admit he's a little too old fer parties. Back on track, it was sad that Khai wasn't able to make it earlier today, now I've gotta last another week on my own, hunting Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian. Troublesome. Bah, have to get back to school work once the weekend's over anyway... Seriously.

PS: Looking fer someone who will watch High School Musical 3 with me. Maybe I will when my brother gets back from Taiwan tomorrow.

No comments: