Tuesday, December 5, 2006

another day

Hello. Back from Kuala Lumpur. I could just say, "don't ask", but I'm not Eugene, am I?

Wedding dinner. Again. Have got so many relatives, I think it'd take me two lifetimes to remember their individual names and faces. Make that three to master Cantonese. Hmmm, you could say I think it's the one of those rare moments where you catch me underdressed. Cousins were all looked ready enough to join idol contests, heck, like they weren't always... Blablabla. Along came a wedding crasher, who professionally carried herself in like she had the same blood, until she sat at the VIP table. Very smart. Blablabla. Went with the "drink only when your uncle asks you to drink" technique since a coupla us were anticipating KL Zouk later in our schedule, which did not happen, so did the midnight Big 2 showdown. At least I got to catch Bremen VS Berlin on TV. Plus, I completed an RPG.

Next morning, sightseeing under way...

It's a pretty okay city, pity I didn't get to see Times Square. I was actually longing for the indoor rollercoaster, hehe. Instead, went to Sungei Wang while waiting for our coach back to Singapore. Window shopping really took a toll on me, never had I been so drained from it. Lotsa merchandise. And now I know what kinda people live in KL through the sales. Clothes, LOTS and LOTS of clothes fer girls, toys fer guys. Sad. But there was this cool Gundam Display Competition there anyway, pretty cool, lotsa innovative choreography in the poses of the figurines. Ah, the wonders of spray painted, melted plastic and clay. THAT was the most exciting thing of the day.

After 6 hours of nothing, back to the bus, finally. Funny how upon the return trip, the quality of seating and service seemed much better, or it could just be me. Stocked up on chips, seeds and gum. The most comfortable quarter-day ride. Ha. Until the passport checks. Tour group abusing their age to cut queues. Crap, was in a dilemma in making them feel like I'm letting them through for their failing bodies, or pound them into powder. It was that typical scene you'd see in movies where everybody tries to evacuate before their city blows up. Lotsa pushing, lotsa cursing, definitely hellotta scorning. Ah, feels like home.

Policeman #1: "Don't we have to check them all?"
Policeman #2: "No worries, they're Singaporean..."
Policeman #1: "How do ya know?"
Policeman #2: "They're running for the queues."

9 hours of PS2 at Kev's oughtta do some adjustment back to local life, lol. And now I'm back here after a little hibernation, still eating seeds and gum. Like a bum[pardon the rhyme].

PS: Note to self, finish with the room, gooodammit.

No comments: