Friday, June 15, 2007

fantastic

Silver Surfer is so cool. Obviously, I already knew that before the movie. But the film definitely brought him up to the higher levels of cosmic awesomeness. So much so that the thought of it almost made me forget how much I sucked at bowling today, acting the friggin' fool. It's definitely been a while. My right forearm's feeling faintly numb. Okay, back onto the review. Powerful movie. So powerful, there was a temporary blackout at the mall. Ha. How realistic(only people who've caught the flick'll get this joke, and I'm not one to do spoilers). Annoying that it happened at "the biggest turn of events" scene, though.

Anyway, I know some of you are just waiting for me to post the pictures of the toy museum at Rowell Road. So here they are:

*ShangHai dolls. Come to think of it, they look a hell lot less freaky than the ones we currently have in this present era.

*Many, many useless flat plastic animals. I remember using these to play "safari".

*These are definitely way older than me.

*SHAZAM!


*One'a those battery-operated playthings you just dunwanna turn on and leave running in the middle of the living room all night.


*Hellboy, Superboy, The Avengers, etc.


*How nostalgic...


*Ah, every little boy's best friend.


*Not exactly grand, but one of those I just had to have a shot taken of... A toy piano, come on, sweet, right? Plus it's all carved from wood, including the keys.


*If you've never seen this before, you definitely have some lost childhood.


*Captehs. Cool.


*Old school radio.


*Blow-up doll. ~snigger~

Got magnets from the place, they're amusing, no matter what you might say. We initially dropped by too late so we hung out at the souvenir store fer a good half hour before pleading with the owner to let us browse a bit. Would've taken more pictures but there's not much I can do with a camera phone(then again, if I shot the area from every angle, 'd'be ruining business fer'em, right?). I must say, still a pretty cool day, considering catching up with Long Lost Dhaniah and buying a cockbag. It's a man-bag from Le Coq Sportif but I prefer calling it my "cockbag". Hehe. =) Mom calls it the Chicken Brand, by the way.

I'm so happy. Not because of retail therapy. It's just... I dunno, I see everything with a pink glittery background now. Tralalalala~

PS: Oh my neighbour, what a special night. We finally meet although a short while. Haha. See ya 'round. =P

No comments: