Saturday, December 27, 2008

didn't get a wii

I'm very sure no one was expecting a log on my life during the festivities. After all, I did SMS every single person on my phonebook as sincerely as "Merry X'mas" would seem over a text message. So a post would deem a very sad virtual greeting.

The eve was spent with Amanda and Khairul, we had dinner at the BBQ Chicken place at DownTown East before checking out new games like Tatsunoko VS Capcom and watching Ip Man(my favourite movie of December). Rain was heavy but we managed to get to shelter with minimal drenching. Crazy weather. However, what's crazier than the weather was Donnie Yen's punching speed. Khairul and I tried the moves after the film, we looked ridiculous. Still, there are only two words fer Ip Man: FUCKING AWESOME.

Christmas and Boxing Day parties were hosted by Kev and Greg respectively. If I know anything, it's that gatherings like that haven't changed a bit. A table with every kind of meat and various alcohols over conversations about games and old school stories or just making fun of each other. Maybe it was the food or the sitting but I got pretty drained by the time the clock struck 2. All in all, everyone had their share of laughs, so I guess it's like how every Christmas special on any TV show would conclude before the credits roll, except that it was humid and there were no jingling bells.

PS: Wow, when I type it down, it doesn't seem like a lot happened. Maybe it's because I'm too lazy to journalise the scorching Tuesday I went down to Ericsson Pet Farm with Juvena, her little sis and my girlfriend to purchase a pair of hamsters, followed by a night of Mario Kart DS multiplayer. And school starts on Monday. WTF right? At least the class has been moved to the Dhoby Ghaut campus. That's gonna be much more lenient on my EZ-Link card.

No comments: