Monday, June 30, 2008

enhorabuena españa

After waking up to a rather surprising result to the final, I opened the windows to let the breeze in and made myself two slices of Gardenia bread with margarine that were toasted fer 4 minutes, followed by Waffle Crisp cereal with milk while having Love In This Club by Usher featuring Young Jeezy on repeat in my Windows Media Player. Only this form of pamper was able to soothe the brooding over yesterday's waste.

I had planned on blogging about a beautiful Sunday, starting off with a smooth lesson in Japanese class at Eastpoint before heading back to get dressed fer town. Then, taking a train down to City Hall where NEKO-CHAAAAN(baby, ya know I'm not gonna live that down fer at least another week) and I would have a nice lunch at Marina Square's Kopitiam, where they sell the claypot curry chicken I've been craving fer since who-knows-when, preferably served with a bowl or rice and a side of french toast. After which, we'd strolled to Suntec to catch the gaming and comic convention I had waited fer fer weeks. Probably take a coupla shots with guest artists of yer favourite serials, as well as professional cosplayers. Once my geekdom satisfaction had been fulfilled, we would later have a lot of french fries before watching something at the cinemas. At least some of it turned out true; had dinner at Kopitiam in Tampines Mall where I settled with next favourite, grilled chicken with pandan rice, before we caught Get Smart. Great movie, by the way. And again, could've been better with lesser inconsiderate coughers around.

Everything else got pushed away when I was alerted in class by my mother's messages and constant calls from my brother. It was when I excused myself from the classroom to listen to the lovely voicemail lady say, "You have been mobilized", which is probably the next worst thing after "I'm pregnant"(depends on the situation) and "I don't think we should see each other anymore"(also depending on the situation). I wouldn't say all Hell broke loose but I didn't exactly get my army stuff ready fer my ops manning period. So, I was to leave my expensive language class early to walk home and unpack whatever I had. Fortunately, the rest of the family were still out fer lunch so they got me the standard procedure items before heading home. And then, I found out I lost my field pack. So, the easiest way out was to head down to Khatib Camp where my brother lent me his. Sly, right? I'll just use the purchased stuff fer future recalls. I was sent to a reclusive Tanjong Gul where I was ushered by very, very, very old uniformed strangers(the strangers were old, not the uniforms). My spirits raised a little when I met up with old acquaintances/colleagues/friends. Still, the event lasted an entire day with quite a massive administration lapse in addition to certain unwilling parties. On the bright side, there were shuttle buses out of that abandoned site by 6pm.


Seah and I.

"When was the last time you sat on the road?"
"Dunno, probably after a night at Double O."

No comments: