Friday, September 7, 2007

pink is the new black

I'll say it once and I'll say it good, "ORD loh".

Today, I collected my IC. Whoopie... I don't feel all that sparkly inside, wonder why. It's not that I'm gonna miss the army life, rather, it wasn't that special on the whole. Didn't even rush down to collect it, let alone taunt the guards as I made my last exit from Jurong Camp.

It could be because I've got nothing special waiting fer me in the military afterlife. Or just a bloody hot day.

The wait fer the bus was nauseatingly torturing, apart from the smell of artificial chilli from lunch consumed by the guy beside me, mixed with airborne particles mostly consisting of grounded concrete resulted from the railway in progress, the sun was glaring and steaming freely in the nude. Put some clouds back on, Mr. Skin-Fryer. Skipped the plan fer Jurong Point and headed to town instead fer some window-shopping. Combed Far East Plaza to Plaza Singapura. Bumped into some of the Platoon 6 guys along the way, apparently, if we didn't collect our cilivian cards by the end of office hours today, we'd be charged fer AWOL, or so I hear but it wouldn't have affected me. Ended up with only new 2 t-shirts. And they were from Takashimaya, gosh, simply faaabulous. Haha. The salesgirls, I meant. Could be a service thing to smile fer the customer, or they really liked me. =) Deflated the ego in remembrance of someone else in mind. -sigh- See? Some guys are actually devoted. Although not as devoted as our homeland's new protagonist, CPL Dave Teo.

Which brings me to a short topic change. I know things like that happen many a time on our little reclaimed island. But I seriously think that the press is really following a contradicting principle of theirs. Being fellow Singaporeans and commenting on how "ugly" our national image has become, yet publishing stories like these to feed their prying minds. Nosing into personal stories fer ratings, purely shameful. I fer one feel that the news was broadcasted in a way to condemn this fellow(although personally, I, too, think that he's an idiot) and not to teach our society a good lesson on such mistakes, especially the minors. Sure, people are different. People have different levels of tolerance and situation assessment skills. My opinion is that people are what they choose to be. This guy is no exception. I'm just making a point that the media should not have their own one-sided views on such information as an entity. An all-round enactment would be nice. Like what they do when old uncles get caught fighting at coffeeshops, or chinese prostitutes getting raped and robbed in cabs(vice versa). Possibly, most of our people judge street-wise intelligence by age. As the saying goes, "I've probably eaten more salt than you have eaten rice in yer life". Times are different, adults of Sin City. Youngsters eat fast food. And that's MSG.

Ahem. Back to journalling. Thank goodness the 'rents were done with their golf roadshow or whatever it was a HarbourFront. Would've died of boredom if I went to meet them there. I really, really, really don't fancy golf. I must have been really eager to come home and take off these ankle weights I had on fer 10 hours straight to leave the guy at the arcade beat up my character. Love annoying challengers like that. Coulda beaten you but I let you, biatch. Walking to the pick-up point, I came across a poster of one of my most highly anticipated movies to watch, Rogue Assassin, which now just makes me wanna laugh after reading what Khai blogged. It really seems like they're both arguing over the dumbest thing.

Jason Statham: "You ate my fries..."
Jet Li: "And they were delicious."

Just have to lawl fer that.

Oh. Haircut. I look like the Mr. Karate version of Ryo Sakazaki now with this 'do. And I haven't shaved. Just dye it ash blonde, don a gi and I can do a HaouShoKoKen. Heh. You guys probably wouldn't even get a flying fuck of what I just said. No worries, it's a gamer thang.

Some barley on the way home. Saw YuYi at the cashier. YuYi, if you're reading this, I went to BK today fer you but I did not get to talk to you because yer queue was longer... That's if you still recognise me in person. =\

PS: Is it morally wrong to walk into HMV with your iPod on?

No comments: