Wednesday, April 2, 2008

cluelessly enthusiastic



Took a trip down by car to the campus fer a tour yesterday. We got a little lost and confused with Stirling Road fer a bit as its divided into two. Mommy dropped me off at the lobby and I made my way through the sheltered areas as it was raining mighty heavily. Met up with my baby at the library where she told me that there was nothing much to see. So sad. The whole place looks pretty comfortable to me though, despite the weather. Took a bus down to IKEA fer lunch, had the usual salmon and meatballs. Browsed the showrooms fer inspiration but it was all in vain, I still have yet to come up with a proper design plan fer my new room. Oh well, there's still time. The agency had to spoil the day here with a call mentioning something about a document I had to pick up fer the commercial shoot. Rushed down to Park Mall where they made me wait fer a stupid piece of paper. And they weren't even busy enough to not offer a minute of their time fer me. Asses. Whatever. Still made it in time fer Japanese class. Yay, new classroom. A few familiar faces too.



So much fer beauty sleep, I woke up to an annoying default alarm tone from my phone. Spent the night before re-editing personal ringtones and I had forgotten to slot the card back in. Put it fer snooze every 15 minutes till I received a message from the agency to arrive an hour earlier than scheduled, thanks to the client. Thankfully, I made it in time, even with the packing of spare attire and the doing of my hair. Clarke Quay really is quite different in the afternoon as compared to its night scene. Almost would've felt like a Sunday at Orchard Road if I wasn't there fer "work". A mere 50 bucks to star as an extra in the crowd, walking along the fountain area. I would say it's mostly fer experience, at least I roughly know how the media works now... The start of the shoot didn't really involved me among others so I decided to talk this guy up to ask some questions since he was in the same part as me but he ended up being some Chinese-educated guy so I had a major communication problem. And ya know how it is to strike up a conversation with strangers so you won't feel so alone but at the same time don't wanna start too early as the day could drag and you guys might have to spend a little more time with each other than expected, only to suffer in a terribly awkward silence? Yup~ Things turned out fer the better when I was coupled with this 19 year old girl who was a relief teacher and a kickboxing student. She looked really feminine but she sounded like a boy reaching puberty. Then there was another lady who I tried to talk to an obviously picking a bad artist that I am, asked the question with the most possibly uncomfortable comeback. She was this 31 year old mother who already has a son, never went clubbing before and has never had a migraine her entire life, or so she proclaimed. She initially rebutted with, "Definitely older than you." but I was too afraid to guess her actual age. Age can be such a touchy topic. I realised it wasn't really to her, not because she's that old but she talks too much. There was this silent agreement among the other models' eyes saying she was getting too close. However, she was nice. The third female was someone called Kelly... She's 28. That's all I knew. She didn't look very interesting. -_-

The 4 of us took a stroll down to City Hall after another long wait(seems like their favourite game to play, we waited fer about an hour and a half before actually being called into the shoot) fer the choreographer's signature to approve of our attendance so we can get our cheap cheques. Fortunately, I was able to split ways upon arriving at Dhoby Ghaut, PictureHouse, where I sat to cool off from the crazy sun and walk my Nintendog Dalmatian while waiting fer Amanda to be done with her appointment and have dinner together. I was super hungry because I had to rush down to the set that did not need me to rush down. Had a chunky peanut butter sandwich and a whole bottle of water before leaving my house so you could've guessed, with my metabolism rate, how empty I was when the clock struck 6. We hit Paradiz first fer a bite and then check out the comic shop. My orders have not been publishing in recent months. T_T



PS: Yay, free tickets to Definitely, Maybe on Monday!~ Free seating though... And I picked up a $50 voucher fer Jumbo Seafood Restaurant on the way home, which I think is actually redundant since it's practically a family business. =P Also, finally received my school time-table, now I just need Excel to view it... -.-"

No comments: