Thursday, March 20, 2008

not getting lazy

Was late again today. Met up with tangyuan-cheeks fer a bite at PictureHouse's Ben & Jerry's. It was then did it occur to me that 3 Leaf Clovers play there every Thursday. They're a band of my senior Patricians and I suppose most of you have not heard of them before as they have only recently released their extended play. Since it's my SECOND time having icecream at BJ's(yes, I love calling it that), decided on getting a sundae special. Initially had my mind on the banana split but the weird eyelined female cashier said that they were outta bananas so I had to get a waffle cone. Weird eyelined female cashier. She's not weird or anything but her eyelines were...


Whaaat~

Took the purple line down to Chinatown. We started with People's Park Complex. Not many things of our interest and I wasn't really keen of the smell of ointments. Plus the awkward feeling that everyone was staring at us surfaced when we realized that we were the odd ones out, being neither aged nor foreign. However, the ground floor was at least attractive with the overwhelming aroma of packeted durians. Avid durian lovers here. Pity we didn't get to sit down to savour the king of fruits. Were about to turn into OG when a crowd caught our attention. Can you guess what's selling?



..........

It's super glue!


I look so empty-handed.

A minute's thought and we agreed to the idea of turning back. The heritage center looked interesting but the entry fee didn't look worth it. They're all vampires preying on white man's blood. Since admission to the souvenir store was free, duh, had a look around at ceramic samsui women figurines, resin preserved orchids, chinese character t-shirts and even rediscovered old-school toys.


5 stones, bubble balls, paper flowers, etc.

Headed towards Ann Siang Hill, past the Hindu temple, to look at various forms of merchandise. Boots and cameras are all I can think of right now. Guess we're not exactly the customers these shops are looking fer. Assuming that fact, we just played around in the various modern shophouses.

After a couple more poses in a couple more shops, the sky soon turned dark and this boy soon turned hungry. I feel like I've been selling myself out recently with the addition of photo presentations on my blog. Screw it, a picture beats even the best description.

Dinner. Was. Expensive.

PS: There was also an exceptionally large, overflowing coconut. And I collected a buncha cool-looking postcards.

No comments: