Sunday, March 16, 2008

white ox

So on Friday, YiQiang was off from his shift and reading a book at Bugis early in the morning. Decided that when my mother was done with her errands, I'd split ways to look fer him as I needed a guide on looking fer an affordable acoustic guitar. And the fact that I offered my company since reading a book at Bugis early in the morning was rather sad. We met at City Hall and walked over to Peninsula Plaza, which was the most recommended place among the opinions of my string-playing friends. It was a rather embarrassing expedition as I could hardly pull off a chord and YQ was too used to his bass skills. At least we were able to figure out the price range and I learnt a few things about handling... We were done looking after the last shop at The Esplanade. After lunch at Marina Square's foodcourt, headed to Bedok to pick YQ's guitar up and then to my place fer a test recording session with Adobe Audition. What a useful application. Thank you fer opening my eyes. =D I'm so suaku.

Played around with the numerous microphones and earpieces on my table, former to getting ready to meet my also-in-purple-other. We had dinner at Sakae Sushi in the airport. Ate a load of seaweed-wrapped rice with awesome toppings even though there wasn't a buffet(BOYCOTT THEIR CHAWANMUSHI!!!) and caught the view of aeroplanes by the departure hall. I really don't get the idea of going all the way to the airport to look at planes. Personally, I find it rather depressing. It's the Departure Hall. People are leaving the country, be it on holiday, business or migration. Temporarily or permanently, they're leaving home nonetheless. I just happen to think about the family members of the flight passengers and how they will miss each other, regardless the duration. Maybe I'm just emotional, maybe I'm just patriotic.


So full...

Saturday was the day of the week I was waiting fer... My brother officially became an officer. Mommy nagged me out fer early lunch with the aunts and my grandma so I had to dress formally from midday, see Amanda home(hope no more random wolf whistles under the void deck in the middle of the day) and consume lunch at Bedok Reservoir due to lack of time. And the Indian Muslim stall was not selling thosai and murtabak till 4 so I had to direct my cravings to duck noodles and popiah.

Back in good old Jurong, I was. Entered the beautiful yet intense SAFTI-MI to witness my little brother's parade. A handful of you probably know the typical drill already so I won't prolong my post with meaningless descriptions. However, oh my goodness it was tremendously touching. Was trying to hold back my tears. I wished Daddy was there to see it.



It ended with proud parents and hot sisters leaving the institute and I was still feeling kinda hungry because I was trying to be polite at the table. Got home to change into something more comfortable before meeting up with the girlfriend(I've been single fer way too long, gotta get used to saying this) again fer supper. My initial plan was to have something to satisfy my hunger fer the afternoon's disappointment, had western instead. I couldn't resist Spize's mushroom garlic steak like I couldn't resist Burger King's Mushroom Swiss any day.

So tired now, can't even stay up to finish watching Meet The Robinson's. It's been a good few days though. Aside from the weather, of course.

PS: I know I didn't write anything about February the 29th and yes, it's the official first day of my pioneer(is that even the word that I'm looking fer?) relationship. However, I just thought it'd be more appropriate and meaningful to express all of these feelings in real life. But hey, if you're looking forward to read a journal, we pretty much just went to catch The Leap Years, eat Carl's Jr. plus a little bit of Kenny Roger's and chilled at our secret spot.

No comments: