Wednesday, March 26, 2008

vantage point

So here's the story. It appears that the school I had been enrolled under was having irreversable logistic setbacks. First of all, I'll admit that it's my bad to have failed my remaining advanced diploma module, in turn, having got to re-unit it. During this period, I've been constantly chasing the office fer my first year diploma certificate which I had yet to receive. There was this funny system with a rule stating that students only receive both diploma certs and the advanced upon completing both levels. WTF RIGHT? I'm no professor but that sure as hell sounds to me like I've been held back to continue this path and they'll be taking my money as usual. The plot thickens. My mommy adviced me to inform them of some "jobs" I intended to take up so I needed to display some level of qualification. After delayed weeks of checking my record, I was told that I did not complete my first year, with the lack of 5 modules. Hoe. Lee. Sheet. Now, THAT was a shocker. Subsequent bitching and reprimandment of the clerks ensued, there were some results they were able to recover. Isn't that just fishy. It was never keyed in in the first place and now YEARS after, when I return upon completion of my National Service, they tell me they can at least find something that was left out. Who's to say I really really did badly fer that many topics? I'm pretty suspicious of that basis. It could all have been fabrication fer whatever reason... One clear reason to back me up is the fact that I'm NOW in the second year stage. No institute in the right mind'll let students progress to higher levels without achieving a pass in all subjects of the primary calibur. And here's the killer. There was a period of time where I was bumming around, contemplating on whether I should be re-doing my last module when they called to tell me I've yet to pay the fees fer my entire advanced diploma. Thanks fer throwing shit into my fan, I officially am not gonna enter that school anymore.

Checked MDIS out fer their courses on Information Technology. I'm so thankful that they not only accepted my grades but also allowed a partial exemption fer their diploma level. So, the situation now goes like this: 4 modules to pass get a diploma certificate, they may not all be in the same semester so it'll probably take a good 8 months, give or take, have yet to receive my time-table... It's asking fer too much fer another exemption from the advanced level, even with my result slips, seeing how that phase will be controlled strictly by the university but I'm not counting on the odds. Besides, it'll be better off to mix around a little with the class. I dislike being the lone wolf of the room. Back to the books on April 28th. I can't wait. It's like I got more than I bargained fer, in an awesome way.

Onto the sidelines with a review fer the movie of the same title as this post. Once again, I need to complain about the general population of cinema-goers. What in the friggin' world is wrong with you people? What's so funny? Here's a little background: the film takes place in Spain where world leaders are gathering fer a global agreement on acting against terrorism. The American President is then shot when he steps up to the microphone on the podium. The scenes then go as such that they play sides of the story from 8 different individuals' points of view, each ending with a minor cliffhanger before all have been shown and thus revealing the person behind this crime. So everytime a person's role has ended, the scene rewinds to 12pm, 10 minutes before the assassination. Some irritants in the theatre chuckle during these intermission. I dunno why. They make the rowdy lower secondary school kids on the excursion to Jumper look reasonable due to their cheeky youth. A cinema is a public place, stupid crows. If you intend on laughing at a non-comedy, I suggest the DVD shop or wait till it premiers on Channel 5.

Phew. Okay. So anyone who'd caught the flick will instantly notice that any show with Matthew Fox in it comes with major plot-twists, overwhelming cliffhangers and booming sound effects accompanied with simple transitions. And also curse him fer confusing us in one more production other than Lost, although he didn't direct them both.

PS: Down with what I assume is stomach flu, can't digest anything. All just comes straight out after a nap. Not feeling so good... I'll probably go see a doctor tomorrow if I don't get better. Gonna sleep in today.

No comments: